Category: NEWS
IPID arrests 35-year-old officer for murder of Gauteng warden murder – SABC News
The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) has arrested a 35-year-old Constable linked to the murder of the Gauteng Crime Warden, Chesnay Kepler. The officer, who is attached to the Crime
Read MoreMinister Nyhontso commits to fast-tracking land claims – SABC News
Land Reform and Rural Development Minister Mzwanele Nyhontso says the ministry will fast-track land reform claims to restore the dignity of communities that were dispossessed of land during Apartheid. He
Read MoreMore than 20 undocumented workers arrested at a NC construction site – SABC News
More than 20 suspects have been arrested in the Northern Cape for contravening immigration laws. The suspects were apprehended at a construction site in Kimberley after police were tipped off
Read MoreSABC responds to Dr. Ramphele interview – SABC News
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) says it is aware of the matter relating to the conduct of one of its news presenters during an interview with the Desmond Tutu
Read MoreKZN Transport Dept to meet taxi associations and e-hailing drivers – SABC News
The KwaZulu-Natal Transport Department will meet with representatives of taxi associations and e-hailing drivers on Friday in a bid to address the violence between the two groups. Fifteen taxi drivers
Read MorePeter de Villiers acquitted on sexual assault charge – SABC News
Former Springboks coach Peter de Villiers is a free man. This after the Malmesbury Regional Court in the Swartland acquitted him of sexual assault charges on Thursday. Earlier this month,
Read MoreConcerns taxi shutdown may spread beyond Ekurhuleni – SABC News
There are concerns that the shutdown of taxi operations may spread to areas beyond Ekurhuleni. Earlier, the South African National Taxi Council (SANTACO) in Gauteng said only parts of Ekurhuleni
Read MoreNyanga residents to protest in support of Zenande Tshazibane – SABC News
Nyanga residents and community activists in Cape Town will march to Parliament on Friday to demand justice for 25-year-old Zenande Tshazibane. She was raped and murdered in her Nyanga home
Read MoreTygerberg Hospital performs SA’s first kidney robotic surgery – SABC News
Doctors at Tygerberg Hospital in Cape Town have successfully performed South Africa’s first living donor kidney removal using robotic surgery technology. The procedure involved a 45-year-old woman donating a kidney
Read MoreTaxi operations shutdown to affect Ekurhuleni: Santaco – SABC News
The South African National Taxi Council (Santaco) in Gauteng says taxi operations will only be shut down in parts of Ekurhuleni. This follows threats of a shutdown in the province
Read More