Gwarube appoints new National Education and Training Council members – SABC News

Basic Education Minister, Siviwe Gwarube says the appointment of the new members of the National Education and Training Council (NETC) marks the start of a new era for policymaking in

Read More

High school learner suspended in George after alleged racial slur – SABC News

The Western Cape Department of Education says a learner who used a racial slur against another learner at York High School in George has been suspended. This is the second incident in

Read More

‘Suspension of officials over delayed Madlanga inquiry unexpected’ – SABC News

Judges Matters Advocacy Organisation says the suspension of Justice Department Director General Advocate Doctor Mashabane and Deputy Director General Jabu Hlatshwayo of the ICT division was unexpected. This follows their

Read More

LIVE| Senzo Meyiwa murder trial continues

Senzo Meyiwa murder trial continues at the High Court in Pretoria. Source link

Read More

Somerset West taxi rank temporarily closed amid violence – SABC News

The Somerset West taxi rank has been closed by the South African Police Service for 24 hours to prevent further taxi-related violence. At least six people have been shot in taxi-related

Read More

State expected to wrap up its argument in Meyiwa trial – SABC News

The state is expected to wrap up its argument that charges against accused number four in the Senzo Meyiwa murder trial should not be withdrawn. Rebutting Mthokoziseni Maphisa’s lawyer’s argument,

Read More

Interpol conference to tackle organised crime, security threats – SABC News

The President of Interpol, Major General Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi and Acting Police Minister Professor Firoz Cachalia will host the 27th Interpol African Regional Conference in Cape Town from Wednesday. The

Read More

New witness to testify as Lusikisiki mass murder trial resumes – SABC News

The trial of the six men accused of killing 18 people in Lusikisiki and a politician from KwaBhaca last year continues in the local Magistrate’s Court in the Eastern Cape.

Read More

Westbury residents vow to continue with protests over water cuts – SABC News

Residents of Westbury in Johannesburg have vowed to continue with their protest action until their demands are met. Disgruntled community members took to the streets on Tuesday and barricaded roads

Read More

Five people to appear in court for Jagersfontein dam wall collapse – SABC News

The Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks) in the Free State says five people have been served with summonses to appear in court in connection with the 2022 Jagersfontein dam

Read More